Are you or anyone around you is suffering from dust allergies or asthma? Have you been looking for a vacuum that offers excellent air-filtration?
Trust us; in such a scenario bagged vacuums are the right option for you. The bagged vacuums come with exceptional air-filtration capabilities especially if you compare them with their bagless counterparts. The bagged versions come with an additional layer of protection or should we say filtration.
But the ambiguity, which is the best-bagged vacuum, still stands. We have spent dozens of hours in research to come up with top picks. We’ll review some of the best-bagged vacuums that money can buy.
We will also provide you with some useful tips on how to choose the best-bagged vacuum for your home or office.
Let’s dig right in and start with the comparison table!
- 1 Our Recommendations
- 1.1 XL2100RHS Vacuum by Orek – Editor’s Choice (Best Overall)
- 1.2 Pure Suction Vac by Miele – Best for high-end performance
- 1.3 Mighty Mite 3684F by Eureka – Best for Low Budget
- 1.4 MC-UG471 Cleaner by Panasonic – Best for quick cleaning
- 1.5 Elite 31150 by Kenmore – Best for eliminating allergens
- 1.6 Soft Vacuum Cleaner by Soniclean – Best for soft carpets
- 1.7 Vac ‘n’ Blo VNB-83BA by Metropolitan Vacuums – Best dual functioning option
- 1.8 H-Grade LED Vac by Prolux – Best for pet allergens
- 2 Features to Consider Before Buying Bagged Vacuums
|Products||Best for||Cleaning Path||Amperage||Hose Size||Bag Capacity||Weight||Cord Length||Warranty|
|XL2100RHS Vac by Orek||Editor’s Choice||12-inch||4||2 feet||2.25 gallons||12.3 lbs||35-foot||1-year|
|Pure Suction Vac by Miele||High-end performance||14-inch||9||10 feet||1 gallon||14.8 lbs||30-foot||1-year|
|Mighty Mite 3684F by Eureka||Low budget||10-inch||12||6 feet||1 gallon||8.6 lbs||20-foot||1-year|
|MC-UG471 Cleaner by Panasonic||Quick cleaning||15-inch||12||10 feet||5 gallons||20.0 lbs||25-foot||1-year|
|Elite 31150 by Kenmore||Eliminating allergens||12.75-inch||9||10 feet||4 gallons||20.0 lbs||35-foot||1-year|
|Soft Vacuum Cleaner by Soniclean||Soft carpets||7-inch||8||–||0.5 gallon||10.5 lbs||35-foot||1-year|
|Vac ‘n’ Blo VNB-83BA by Metropolitan Vacuums||Compact design||5-inch||6||6 feet||0.5 gallon||12.5 lbs||12-foot||1-year|
|H-Grade LED Vac by Prolux||Pet allergens||12-inch||12||6 feet||4 gallons||24.6 lbs||30-foot||3-year|
XL2100RHS Vacuum by Orek – Editor’s Choice (Best Overall)
We all heard the bagged vacuums are designed for power punch performance; let’s find out how the XL2100RHS vacuum performs. Orek comes with an upright design that offers a cleaning path of 12-inches.
If you have a low-pile carpet then you’re in luck, this model works perfectly for these types of carpets. The suction power of 108 CFM is enough to collect dust mites, pollen, and other tiny particles.
Due to the upright design, this vacuum also takes up a very compact space for storage. Due to its ergonomic construction, the Arthritis Foundation has commended it for ease of use.
The on and off switch is present near the handle and provide you with easy access. It has powerful suction and the brushes can rotate at speeds of 6500 RPM. This means that it can suck up all types of debris with ease.
The weight of this vacuum is just over 8 pounds that allows you to sift through the cleaning process. It also comes with a number of attachments and accessories. The top fill bag with 630 cubic inch capacity allows you to clean large spaces of your house in one go.
- The long length of the 35-foot cord allows it to reach far-flung areas of your room.
- It has the ability to deal with different floor types with its Microsweep technology.
- The bag capacity of this vacuum cleaner is 2.25 gallons.
- The Arthritis Foundation has awarded this vacuum ease of use award for its ergonomic design.
- Your purchase is backed by a 1-year commercial warranty.
- It tends to be a little noisy.
- More efficient with carpeted floors and not with the hardwood floors.
Pure Suction Vac by Miele – Best for high-end performance
Does your home have different flooring types? Are you looking for a package that takes care of bare floors and high pile carpets? The Pure Suction vacuum from Miele is a suitable option if you are looking for varying speed adjustments that can clean different surfaces. This vacuum comes with a six-staged varying speed option with the help of its vertex motor.
Together with the air cleaning sealed system, the vortex motor ensures that the vacuum can take care of pet dander, lint, and hair with minimal efforts. The unit is equipped with 360-degree swiveling wheels so that you can easily move it around without any issue.
Its 9-amp vortex motor creates an effective suction power to take care of a variety of debris. The telescopic wand of this vacuum offers excellent suction and you can conveniently deal with a variety of debris without an issue.
With a bag capacity of approximately 1 gallon, you won’t have to frequently empty the bag during your cleaning jobs.
- The foot switch feature allows you to clean both low-pile carpet and hardwood floors.
- The canister construction ensures ease of storage and maneuverability.
- The telescopic wand provides you with 10-feet reach.
- With the attachment of additional accessories, you can clean curtains, ceiling fans and floors up to a radius of 29.5 inches.
- The vacuum features a six-staged speed adjustment that can help you in working with different debris.
- The company has provided a 1-year warranty on this model.
- It is slightly more expensive than the previous entries.
Mighty Mite 3684F by Eureka – Best for Low Budget
How about getting your hands on a powerful vacuum machine without breaking your wallet? Sounds Wow!
The Mighty Mite 3684F from Eureka is the best low budget bagged vacuum that you can find on the market. It does not only come at a very affordable price but also comes with a variety of features.
This vac is an expert in cleaning pet hair with its 12-amp motor. Therefore, it is an excellent option for you if you have pets in your home. The dust bag of this vacuum also eradicates odor.
It also features a HEPA filtration system that aims to clean 99% of dust particles from the surface. This means that it will keep the air of your home free of any allergens and harmful microbes.
The Mighty Mite comes with a 20-foot long cord with an extendable telescoping wand. This ensures that you can reach those tight corners as well as under your furniture. Additionally, the crevice tool further extends your reach in to clear out the small spaces from dust.
- The vacuum has a very lightweight construction and weighs less than 9 lbs.
- The hose length of this vac is 6 feet allow it to reach all types of furniture.
- It comes with an extra crevice tool to reach tight corners with ease.
- It also comes with a blower port.
- The small footprint makes storing very easy as it won’t take up much space.
- Emptying the bags is very easy.
- It offers a 10-inch cleaning path and 2-setting adjustment of height.
- The company offers a 1-year warranty on this product.
- The cord length is on the lower side with 20-foot length.
MC-UG471 Cleaner by Panasonic – Best for quick cleaning
This bagged vacuum cleaner from Panasonic is equipped with a 12-amp motor. This means that the vacuum is going to offer you an exceptional suction power. It also comes with a HEPA filtration system to ensure that your home stays away from any allergens and microbes up to 99.96%.
Do you suffer from back pain? Bending your back while cleaning strains your back? Don’t worry, with its upright design you’ll love your cleaning time.
The clearing path that this vacuum has is 15-inches which are better than all of the other entries. This means that it is an ideal option for you to choose if you want to work with large spaces.
What’s more? You can use the automatic rewind feature of this vacuum to retract the 25-foot long cord with ease. The vacuum also allows you to make adjustments to the height according to the height of your carpet. It comes with a dusting brush tool that you can use to clean drapes and curtains.
The combination of a crevice tool and dusting brush allows instant cleaning. With its automatic rewind cord system, the finishing and storage become quite easy.
- The 12-amp motor of this vacuum works quietly and provides you with plenty of suction power.
- Dusting brush allows you to clean the curtains and upholstery.
- It has a 25-foot long cord that can automatically retract with a touch of a button.
- You’ll get an instant cleaning option with its multiple tools and attachments.
- You can adjust the vacuum height according to your carpet.
- Panasonic offers a 1-year warranty on this item.
- It is not a good option for bare floors.
- The vacuum is pretty heavy despite being an upright cleaner.
Elite 31150 by Kenmore – Best for eliminating allergens
Is there any vacuum that can give you an easy time working with it? Oh yes! There it is. This vacuum features a beltless agitator that ensures smoother operations and prevents repairs or maintenance.
The Elite 31150 cleaner from Kenmore is your best option if you want to eliminate the allergens in your home.
It also features a 3-dimensional induction motor that can provide you with 20% better air power during the suction process. This means it comes with better suction power and can effectively deal with different types of debris.
The Kenmore vacuum provides you with a cleaning width of 12.75 inches and you can easily work with medium sized rooms in your house. This vacuum cleaner is certified under AAFA and HEPA and it can see the dirt that you don’t.
We’re sure you’d love LED feature that indicates where you need to focus during your cleaning job.
Furthermore, the cleaner also comes with different attachments that can provide you with a reach of 10-foot. The 35-foot long cord works well even if you have to clean your entire house.
- The beltless agitator ensures minimal repair and maintenance.
- This vacuum is certified under HEPA and AAFA that ensures up to 99.9% removal of dust mites.
- The large cleaning width of 12.75 inches allows you to finish your job quickly.
- It has a very powerful induction motor that can suck up air 20% better than other motors.
- Its LED indicator shows where you need to emphasize during the cleaning process.
- 1-year warranty on this vacuum.
- The attachment hose is very short.
- Warranty is only valid for US residents.
Soft Vacuum Cleaner by Soniclean – Best for soft carpets
The Soniclean vacuum works on a different mechanism. It can produce 200 sonic vibrations a second to loosen embedded dirt and dust and offers superior cleaning with its paramagnetic direct air motor construction for excellent suction.
The use of hospital grade HEPA filter allows this machine to trap tiniest dust particles on the carpet including bacteria and allergens. It has a 35-foot long power cord and you can drag it around the house without any problem.
Now you don’t have to ignore the under-furniture spaces because your upright vacuum cannot reach there? It features an adjustable venting system that allows you to conveniently maneuver the vacuum on under the furniture
It features a specialized soft nylon brush that is specifically designed for soft carpets. The bristles of this brush are effective in cleaning yet very gentle on the carpeting. Furthermore, the vacuum operates with very low noise.
- It has an efficient motor construction that doesn’t consume much of your energy.
- H 13 HEPA filter cleans bacteria, dust mites and pollen allergen particles.
- The specially designed motor allows it to consume 50% less power as compared to its counterparts.
- The hose of this vacuum offers 7-inch clearance and is an excellent option for small-sized homes.
- The ultra-soft bristles of its brushwork well on the carpets, even the softer ones.
- Your purchase will be topped with a 5-year motor and 1-year parts warranty.
- It is only a good option for carpets, not the bare floors.
Vac ‘n’ Blo VNB-83BA by Metropolitan Vacuums – Best dual functioning option
Looking for ease of use, portability, and ease of storage? Metropolitan Vacuums is surely best bet for your bucks. The portable design offers plenty of convenience for long hours of cleaning and maneuverability for hard to reach areas.
This unit comes with a dual functioning option. This means that you can either use it as your vacuum cleaner or as your blower. With its 4.0 HP powerful motor, you can extract even the tiniest dust particles.
Want to switch between floor surfaces? This machine has got you covered. The construction of this vacuum is all steel and it also comes with a very flexible 6-foot hose. This means that you can easily reach overhead heights and can easily work with drapes and curtains as well.
It also comes with a reusable bag for dirt and dust and there are thirteen different attachments that you can use for various cleaning purposes. The cord length is 12 feet and the vacuum has a very portable design. It won’t take much space when you store it due to its small size.
- It is one of the most durable vacuums that you will find in this price range.
- You can use it for cleaning in the house and on the road.
- The metal construction of this vac makes it a highly durable option.
- 13 different attachments allow you to work with different cleaning jobs.
- It is a dual action unit and you can either use it as a blower or a vacuum.
- The cleaner comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The unit works better as a blower.
- It is not made for large spaces.
H-Grade LED Vac by Prolux – Best for pet allergens
Do you love pets but your newborn has pet allergens? Oops! But don’t worry; this H-Grade vacuum from Prolux is a suitable option to take care of pet allergens. The cleaner comes with a pretty neat upright design that makes storing it convenient for you.
It comes with 125 CFM which means that the vac can easily pull pet hair from your carpet without any issue. There are a steel brush and a floating head which means that it can work well with any types of carpet.
The lightweight design of this vacuum cleaner makes sure that it is very easy for you to carry from one place to another. It comes with an LED light indication as well when the bag is full. The 30-foot cord of this vacuum allows you to move around your house with ease.
- The use of washable HEPA filter cleans up to 99% dust debris.
- You can easily empty the bag and don’t need to deal with the loss of suction.
- With its long list of additional tools, you can clean any surface.
- It comes with a light indication for you to clear out the bag when full.
- Its lightweight design makes it easy for you to carry the vac around.
- The long cord and 125 CFM suction power allow it to clean large spaces in one go from any types of carpet.
- A7-year motor warranty and overall 3 years limited warranty.
- It is only good for carpets.
- 8-inch clearance is required to clean the underneath of furniture.
Features to Consider Before Buying Bagged Vacuums
It is important for you to focus on your needs and requirements; you don’t want to end up spending time on a vacuum that doesn’t fulfill your needs. Here are some of the features that you must consider before buying. Prioritizing each of them is entirely up to you.
You must consider your cleaning space. Whether it’s your full house, your large living area or small room, buy a vac based on the cleaning area. It will enable you to decide whether to go for smaller or a larger unit and its ability to trap debris.
Hose and Wand
When cleaning your home, you might have to reach out to difficult places. For this reason, you should carefully consider the lengths of hose and wand. If you have a vacuum that comes with a long reach then you won’t have to do a lot of bending. This can eradicate any risks associated with back pain. Therefore, you must evaluate how flexible a vac model is in terms of reaching to small corners as well as under your furniture.
There is no better gift than giving away bagged vacuum as a gift to your close friend who is suffering from asthma. If anyone around you suffers from the issues of dust allergies or asthma then choosing the right filtration type needs to be your top priority.
You can look for a vacuum that comes with a superior filtration system. A cleaning unit that comes with a HEPA filter is the best choice because it is capable to trap the minutest of microns, particles, and allergens. It can remove approximately 99.97% of all airborne particles.
Upright or canister
The human mind loves to play versus battles. Upright vs. Canister, this is one of the most common questions for the vacuum buyer’s mind.
The upright models are a better choice for you if you are looking to do the cleaning of rugs or carpets from wall to wall. These upright models feature a motor as well as a suction head. These vacuums are fairly heavy but they will provide you with a facility to clean those hard-to-reach spaces with ease because of the hose as well as the attachments.
Whereas, the canister vacuums come with a more compact design and it’s lightweight. The canister vacuums can easily eradicate debris from your space as well as under those low furniture items present in your room.
Usually, you need to replace your vacuum bag when it is 50% full. You can also go for slightly above that but the suction power tends to lose as the bag gets full over 50%. This can be very frustrating particularly if the bag capacity is too small. Hence, you need to go for a vacuum with a larger bag capacity. It will allow you to carry on with your cleaning process without having you to empty the bag every now and then.
This feature is extremely important if you or any of your family members get annoyed with the noise. Thanks to the latest technology that the manufacturers use these days, some of the bagged vacuum cleaners are almost noise-free.
We would like to mention here that most of the bagless vacuums tend to produce plenty of noise. This can be very inconvenient for your neighbors or if you have any children or pets in your home. In this case, you need to look for the models that come with lower levels of noise and more bearable in terms of sounds.
Refer to our table to find out different sounds with varying dB levels.
|Noise Source||Decibel Level|
|Jet take-off (at 25 meters)||150 dB|
|Live rock music||109 dB|
|Motorbike (25 feet)||90 dB|
|Food blender||88 dB|
|Living room music||76 dB|
|TV, radio, vacuum cleaner||70 dB|
|Restaurant or office conversation with background music||60 dB|
|Home conversation, electric transformers (100 feet)||50 dB|
|Rustling leaves and whispers||20 dB|
Cleaning Surface and Area
You need to think whether you are looking for a vacuum to clean your carpets, hard surfaces, curtains, drapes or other regions in your home. When you are looking to clean large spaces in your home, you must go for a vac that has large capacities in terms of suction power, amperage, and bag capacity.
Different bagged vacuums come with different features and these tend to improve the overall performance of that model. Some of these additional features can range from side brushes, motorized brushes, LED displays or lights, WindTunnel Technology, all the way to extra attachments.
Some automatic vacuums also come with self-cleaning features and auto scheduling. However, even with all these bells and whistles, the unit must stay user-friendly under all circumstances.
Also read: 10 Best Bean Bag Chairs