Have you ever craved a trusty partner that can take care of all the cleaning jobs behind your back? Coming back to the house and feeling happy that every mess is taken care of? Then you are in need of a robotic vacuum cleaner.
Imagine, you have invited one of your colleagues at your home but you have forgotten and at work, they remind you that you guys will later meet up at your home. And you suddenly realize your home is full of pet hair. What can you do? Well, you can take out your phone, open the app and instruct your robot vacuum to do the cleaning until you arrive with your colleague! Wow, that’s a real image and time saver!
RoboVac can also save you a lot of time to spend with your family and friends. These vacuums can be your perfect sidekick and do all the carpet cleaning for you. Just set the schedule and the vacuum will start working on it.
In this write-up, we will provide you our brief buying guide and the reviews of the best robot vacuums for carpets.
So let’s begin, shall we!
8 Best Robot Vacuum for Carpet We Recommend
|Products||Best For||Suction Power||Noise||Battery backup||Bin capacity||Warranty||Height|
|Eufy BoostIQ 11S RoboVac||Overall performance||1300 Pa||55 dB||100 min||0.6L||1 year||2.85-inch|
|iRobot 980 Roomba||Premium Robot Vac||1700 Pa||75 dB||120 min||0.6L||1 year||3.60-inch|
|CleanMate CM3||Price||1000 Pa||56 dB||80 min||0.5L||1 year||5.59-inch|
|EcoVacs N79S DeeBot||Conserving energy||1000 Pa||64 dB||120 min||0.3L||1 year||3.11-inch|
|iLIFE Pro V5s||Battery backup||850 Pa||56 dB||140 min||0.3L||1 year||3.00-inch|
|Neato D4 Botvac||Value for money||1400 Pa||64 dB||60 min||0.7L||1 year||3.90-inch|
|bObsweep PetHair||Pets and dustbin capacity||1000 Pa||67 dB||65 min||1.1L||2 years||3.90-inch|
|Coredy Robot Vac||Slim design||1400 Pa||60 dB||120 min||0.3L||1 year||2.75-inch|
Eufy BoostIQ 11S RoboVac – Editor’s Choice (Overall Best)
The slim construction is going to work very well if you have a lot of furniture in your rooms. Due to its slim design, it can easily go under and do all the cleaning for you. The height of this vacuum is a mere 2.85-inch.
What we loved the most about this bot is its 55dBA noise which means that it can do its work very quietly. If you have someone at home that doesn’t like the noise created by the appliances then this is a good option for you to consider. Even if you come late at night from work and notice that your home needs some cleaning then just quietly turn on this robot to get all the cleaning done silently.
We also noticed that it has a climbing threshold of 0.63-inch which goes well for different types of carpeted floors. You can also link your Amazon Alexa with this robot vacuum. Using the Wi-Fi feature you can access it through smartphone connectivity. This means that you can conveniently set the schedules for it for up to a week.
That’s not all. It allows you to control it via voice commands. We loved the fact that this vacuum comes with a rollover wheel that can easily move over carpets. There is a triple filtration system that works effectively during the cleaning process.
The vacuum comes with a combo of dual layer filter as well as a high performing filter. Its triple-layered filtering system works like a charm and allows you to use a variety of cleaning modes.
It can extract trapped dust with the use of BoostIQ Technology that enhances the suction power whenever needed. The vacuum also features a powerful battery and it can easily clean for 100 minutes in one charge.
- DropSensitive technology prevents it from falling downstairs.
- The auto-charging capability makes it return to the charging dock when the power is low.
- There is a 0.6L dust box in this vac that can hold a good amount of dirt in it and prevents frequent emptying.
- This bot comes with a one year warranty to offer you the peace of mind.
- The vacuum is equally effective on the hard floors with its anti-scratch protection.
- The vacuum is equipped with infrared sensors for avoiding obstacles.
- Your Eufy will come with a 1-year warranty.
- Its charging dock is not of good quality. You might end up breaking it very easily.
- The vacuum doesn’t come with a virtual wall parameter strip. If you are used to set up such parameters then this won’t work here.
iRobot 980 Roomba – Best High-end Cleaner
The Roomba 980 is a Wi-Fi enabled robot vacuum that comes with a powerful system. It can automatically improve the air power up to 10% when shifting from hard floor to carpets.
We were highly impressed with this robot vacuum because it can automatically adjust the brush height on varying surfaces. So if you have different types of flooring then Roomba 98- is quite capable of doing the cleaning jobs on all of them without having you to supervise it.
Its AeroForce 3-staged cleaning system has powerful suction which can effectively deal with pet hair, debris, as well as dirt. In dirt-embedded places, the robot can automatically shift to boost mode and improves the power of the air.
Moreover, its visual localization feature is enriched with iAdapt 2.0 navigation to roam around your home. The height of 3.6-inch allows it to go under your furniture using its intelligent sensors. It can also self recharge and start working from where it left.
We also tried the voice command and were quite content with it. It allows you to control your cleaning robot with ease.
If you have children or pets in your home then this cleaner is a good option for you because it will remove up to 99% of dust particles and debris from the carpet.
- AeroForce triple staged system for powerful suction on different surfaces.
- The filter is capable to capture as tiny dust particles and pollen as 10 microns.
- The vacuum can self-charge and resume its cleaning job.
- The iRobot Home App allows you to control this robot vacuum for mapping areas.
- It is fully compatible with Amazon’s Alexa and Google’s Assistant.
- Your purchase is covered under a 1-year warranty.
- It is one of the noisiest vacuums on our list so if you have someone in your house who doesn’t like noisy appliances then you don’t need to consider this vac.
- As it is a high-end product, it does come with a hefty price tag.
More: Roomba Comparison
CleanMate CM3 – Best for price
If you are looking for a budget-friendly option then there is none better than the CM3 robot vacuum from CleanMate. We noticed that there are bilateral brushes on the sides due to which it is a good option on both hardwood floors and carpets. But we think that its performance on the carpet is slightly better.
Moreover, it has a good suction power that can deal with dirt as well as dust. We were highly impressed with the ultrasonic sensors because it can easily bypass the obstacles and keep itself safe from falling too.
Going on vacation but worried about the cleaning job? Don’t you worry because you can set the schedule for its operation for up to seven days!
It comes equipped with a 2200 mAh battery that can provide you with a backup time of 80 minutes. The vacuum can self charge itself and resume its work.
The auto recharging features allow it to automatically reach its dock before the battery dies. This is an important feature if you want to run your bot while you go out to do some grocery or to spend some time with your family outdoors. Last but not least, with the use of 6-pattern cleaning, you can deep clean your carpets and floors.
- You can set the schedule for up to one week for this robot vac.
- The ultrasonic sensors of this vacuum can easily detect different types of debris and clean them effectively.
- The smart design allows it to go under the furniture and collect unseen dust.
- A powerful battery of 2200 mAh capacity and the robot vacuum can self charge itself.
- The precise navigation system allows the robot to bypass different obstacles in its path and remain safe from falling down the stairs.
- It also has a year’s warranty and for this price, you can consider it to be a feature of this cleaner.
- It doesn’t come with Wi-Fi connectivity or remote access.
- The battery backup is not that good and it will easily lose a good bit of juice in no time.
EcoVacs N79S DeeBot – Best for conserving energy
The N79S DeeBot from EcoVacs is equipped with a sensor technology that conserves energy effectively. With the help of this technology, it can last longer and can stay active for long hours without any recharges. We did notice that the battery time does tend to last for very long and the bot spends less time at the dock as well.
Guess what? It can alter its cleaning operations while working on hard for carpeted floors. If your home features both then this is the cleaner you need. The N79S comes with bumper protection that improves its overall durability. It is one of the best products to come with anti-drop and anti-scratch features.
Its air filtration mechanism captures different air particles. It features two simple yet unique cleaning techniques. One of them is the 3-staged cleaning which is its standard cleaning method. The other one is the 4-staged system that also features a max mode where the suction power doubles. You can shift between the two modes whenever you need.
Are you a fan of a perfect smart home? Bring home this little RoboVac to delegate the cleaning job smartly. You can use voice command feature an app to control and set the schedules, cleaning modes and status. This means that even at your office you can do the cleaning at your home. Just come to a place that is already neat and clean before you step in.
- Prolong battery time of 120 minutes allows it to clean thoroughly with a single charge.
- The smart app allows you to control this vacuum remotely.
- Works perfectly with Google Assistant and Alexa voice commands.
- The vacuum can easily reach hard-to-reach places and do the cleaning under the furniture as well.
- This vacuum offers high durability with its anti-scratch and anti-drop features.
- Your purchase comes with different accessories including remote control, brushes and docking station.
- The vac comes with 1-year’s warranty that covers all materials and craftsmanship issues including parts and labor.
- This vacuum is not entirely effective on dark colored carpets because its sensor mapping is not designed in such a manner.
- With the passage of time, the unit start produces a high pitched sound that can be slightly annoying.
Read related: Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors
iLIFE Pro V5s – Best for battery backup
The Pro V5s robot vacuum offers an exceptional battery backup. It has the best backup time on our list at 140 minutes. This feature is going to be very helpful if you have a large house or you have to deal with a lot of mess either because you host a lot of parties or you have kids and pet in your home.
That is not the only feature of this robot vacuum. It is a good option for you to consider if you are a pet lover. This vacuum can easily clean pet hair and dander from all the corners of your home.
We loved the fact that you only need one button to get this vacuum to work. It also comes with a remote controller that allows you to select all the preset programs and access all the settings that this vacuum has to offer.
The vacuum automatically charges itself by finding its way to the dock station. You can easily set automatic schedules for this vac to follow. We would also like to mention here that you don’t have to worry if you have uneven floors. It has the capability to reach its destination without getting tangled.
We fell in love with the damp mopping feature that allows it to wipe the damp areas and of course, the dry mode allows you to get rid of dust particles. What’s more here is the front sensors restrict its collision with furniture and for this reason; it serves as a good option if you have a lot of furniture in your home.
- 2-1 in cleaning features works perfectly for damp mopping and dust extraction from carpets.
- This robot can easily work under your furniture.
- It comes with smart sensors to control bumps from uneven surfaces.
- You can set an automatic schedule with the help of its smart app
- It has an extended battery time life of up to 140 minutes with a feature of self-charge when the battery runs low.
- This bot comes with a 1-year warranty and iLIFE offers great after-sale services.
- Its performance on low-pile carpets is not satisfactory.
Neato D4 Botvac – best for the value of money
Many people consider value for the money as the best option to choose between different options. If you are among those people, then the Neato D3 Botvac needs to be on top of your list.
The high-performance filter traps small dust particles up to 0.3 microns and gets rid of 99% dust mites.
Many D-shaped vacuums are not considered to be good at cleaning on the edges and corners. But this cleaner gets the job done pretty effectively. The D-shaped robot-vacuum has brushes that are bigger than the competition and for this reason; they work more effectively.
We became a fan of Its LaserSmart technology because has the ability to scan as well as map the cleaning area. You can create different floor plans for your robot to follow. If you have different types of flooring at your home then just change the plans according to your preferences. Another benefit of this technology allows it to work on dark colored carpets.
With a dustbin capacity of 0.7L, you don’t need to empty it frequently either. It’s a total convenience package for your home. What’s more here is that you can set virtual no-go areas to avoid interruption. We tried it and it turned out to be pretty useful.
Another excellent feature is that you can use it with smart devices including Google Home, Apple Watch and Amazon Echo. The vac also comes with automatic scheduling and charging features. If you are looking for total automated cleaning of your entire home then this is the right option for you.
- This D-shape provides you with the best bang of your buck as it comes with multiple features but still has a decent price.
- This RoboVac comes with 12 months warranty to cover all parts and labor issues.
- Its LaserSmart technology enables it to find its way even in dark conditions and on dark surfaces.
- You can use this robot on different types of carpets as well as on hard floors.
- You can set a schedule for it to follow using the mobile application.
- With an excellent battery time of 75 minutes, it can clean one room in a single charge.
- This vacuum lacks in the durability department. Its sensors began to face mapping issues and the battery starts to deteriorate over time.
bObsweep PetHair Plus – Best for pets & dustbin capacity
Cleaning of carpeted floors is quite time-consuming. And if you have pets in your home, expect more cleaning time. BObsweep caters your demands this vacuum comes with a large dustbin capacity and is exceptionally good in cleaning pet hair and dander.
It can act as your mop and can sweep as well besides vacuuming and we just have nothing but admiration for this bot. With good suction power, it can eradicate dust and dirt from your carpets and does an equally good job on hard floors.
The runtime of this vacuum is 60 minutes and it can recharge itself automatically when the battery runs low. The runtime you can say that is a bit on the low side and it is a better-suited option if you are looking to host a gathering and need to clean your house in a jiffy.
With 1.1L bin capacity it can work for longer periods. You don’t have to empty the bin every now and then. This bin capacity puts the PetHair Plus robotic vac ahead of its competition. It does make the unit a tad bit larger than the others. But the bin capacity is good for one entire cleaning job. The UV-light navigates the cleaner while the smart filter removes trap dust mites.
You can also set a schedule of its operation for the entire week to come. The TurboLift suction improves the overall cleaning mechanism of this vacuum. We are also a fan of its microfiber mop because it will treat your laminated floors well and keep their polished surfaces adequately maintained.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty which puts it in a lead over its competition because most of the vacs come with 12-month warranties.
- The robot comes with a command remote through which you can navigate it and switch between cleaning modes.
- You can schedule up to 7 days of cleaning.
- bObsweep has used premium quality materials in the construction of this vacuum to ensure long-lasting and durable performance.
- Using the microfiber mop you can polish your floor with the help of this vac.
- The extra-long brush covers a good surface area.
- The large design allows the robot to house a large bin that doesn’t make you empty it frequently.
- The battery backup of this robot vac is not good enough which is very frustrating if you need to use it on a frequent basis.
Coredy Robot Vac – Best for slim design (robot height)
We loved Coredy for its slim construction. With this slim design, the vacuum can go under all kinds of furniture in your room. It also comes with a highly capable 1400 Pa suction power can suck up dust from all corners with ease.
Due to high suction power, it is a good option for high pile carpets. This means that if you have carpeted floors and a lot of furniture then Coredy vac should do the trick for you. We tried it for this specific function and it did work for us.
You can operate it using the remote controller that comes in your purchase. And due to this, you are not bound to use the vac with your phone. It also works quietly so if your kids or pets don’t like the noise generated by appliances then you should consider buying it.
The battery time that it has to offer is 2 hours and after that, it can self-charge itself without any problem. We noticed that this backup is good enough to clean an entire floor at high settings.
If you want quick cleaning then you can also mark the boundaries in which the vac can operate. You might think that it is a good option where too many spills occur and we are with you on that. Just set the virtual boundary for your robot to restrict its access where children and pets are playing. They won’t be able to poke around with the thing!
The built-in anti-drop & collision sensors protect your robot from bumping into the furniture and navigate it around the obstacles. What’s more here is with the 5 different cleaning modes, you can clean any surface, be it carpet or hardwood floor.
- You can operate this robot through its remote control.
- The smart sensors protect it from falling on the stairs and bumping into the obstacles.
- Due to the slim design, this vac is going to be very useful for you if you have different types of low standing furniture in your home.
- The powerful suction capacity means this vacuum can work with different types of carpets.
- The battery time of this vac is 2 hours which is good enough to clean the entire house.
- This vacuum only produces 60 dB sounds.
- It has a 12-month warranty to keep your investment safe from any usage problems.
- The bin capacity at 0.3L is too low and if you’re away from home then emptying the bin will be a
Features to Consider Before Buying Robot Vacuum for Carpet
Let’s be honest about it! More and more companies are introducing these robots into the market realizing the demand for them. Selecting the right product that meets your demands becomes a little too difficult. Here are a few things that you need to consider before buying a robotic vacuum cleaner for carpets.
Staircase detection feature
We all know that vacuums and staircases are not good friends, particularly in the case of automated vacuums. You have to define some parameters before you set the auto schedule. Otherwise, you will find your vacuum somewhere you didn’t intend it to be.
This is where the staircase detection feature comes in to play its role. This feature is pretty standard because of what we have just mentioned. It allows a robot vacuum to easily sense a ledge or a step and helps it to back up avoiding any wrecking tumbles.
Virtual wall parameter
Don’t want to wake up your sleeping child? Use virtual wall parameter feature. This parameter can block off all open doorways as well as any of the similar areas that you don’t want your vacuum to be. It is an invisible/virtual barrier that the manufacturing companies design within the programming of a robot vacuum.
Auto-scheduling or programmable operating time is a very useful feature that allows you to set a schedule for operation. It can easily range anywhere from a day to a week. The robot vacuum will strictly follow this preset schedule. For example, if you want to do the groceries and want your vacuum to take care of the cleaning while you are not around then set the schedule and it will get the job done. Your house will be all cleaned up when you arrive back home.
Auto charging capability
The whole purpose of a robot vacuum fails if it cannot automatically charge itself. You don’t want its batteries to fail on you when you need your trusty sidekick the most. For this reason, the auto charging capability is an inbuilt feature. All the models are able to get back to their docks automatically when they are running low on their juice. This can prove to be a very useful feature particularly when you are not at home
Nevertheless, you need to keep this in mind that big batteries are only going to matter the most when you own a large home. The high-end robots can easily last for more than a couple of hours. The regular ones can easily last anywhere between one hour and one and a half hours.
Types of carpeting in your home
You need to consider what type of carpeting you have. As different robot vacuums work differently you will also have to go through the instructions manual and see which types of carpeting it can easily handle before finalizing your purchase.
One of the best features of these robot vacuums is that they are relatively quieter than the traditional or standard models. You need to consider this feature if you want to run your vacuum when you are not home because you don’t want to annoy your neighbors. If someone stays behind like your children or pets then the high pitched noise can create some disturbance.
|Noise Source||Decibel Level|
|Jet take-off (at 25 meters)||150 dB|
|Chain saw, thunderclap, and oxygen torch||120 dB|
|Auto horn (1 meter away)||118 dB|
|Turbofan jet take off||119 dB|
|Riveting machine||110 dB|
|Live rock music||109 dB|
|Jet flyover (100 meters)||103 dB|
|Newspaper press||97 dB|
|Power mover||96 dB|
|Motorbike (25 feet)||90 dB|
|Freight train (15 meters)||89 dB|
|Car wash (20 feet)||89 dB|
|Food blender||88 dB|
|Milling machine||85 dB|
|Garbage disposal||80 dB|
|Passenger vehicle @ 65 mps (25 feet)||77 dB|
|Living room music||76 dB|
|TV, radio, vacuum cleaner||70 dB|
|Restaurant or office conversation with background music||60 dB|
|Home conversation, electric transformers (100 feet)||50 dB|
|Quiet suburb||50 dB|
|Bird calls and Library||44 dB|
|Quiet rural locality||30 dB|
|Rustling leaves and whispers||20 dB|
All decibels over 130 dB are very painful for human experience while anything over 150 dB causes the eardrums to rupture. At 44 dB or below any sound is considered to be below ambient urban sound level.
Remote access capabilities & Wi-Fi connectivity
One of the recent developments in robot vacuums is the integration of remote access capabilities. Almost all the models today come with this feature. It allows you to alter the settings and easily guide your vacuum across different rooms.
You don’t need to oversee your vacuum all the time. The remote access feature does add towards the overall cost and you might end up paying a lot for such a model. This is where the virtual wall and staircase detections features come in to play their roles.
Furthermore, with Wi-Fi connectivity, you can set the operational schedule for your vacuum using your mobile device. Additionally, you can also recap the cleaning routes. Integration with Apple Siri, Google Assistant as well as Amazon Alexa is also available. This will allow you to activate your robot vacuum via voice command.
Your home’s size
Another critical feature is the cleaning capacity that is best suited for your home’s size. For your information, there are some models that perform well in small areas and congested places while others work better for spacious rooms. You also need to identify the space height under your furniture. This will allow the cleaner to easily work under the furniture.
What is Pa?
Pa is the pressure measuring unit for vacuum cleaners. You need to understand how much Pa your RoboVac needs. If your RoboVac is equipped with a brush roll than 500-600 Pa is enough. In this case, the brush roll will do the half work by collecting and sending the dirt directly to the inlet.
If your robotic vac doesn’t have the brush then you need to look for suction power in a range of 800-1000 Pa.
The winner turns out to be the 11S RoboVac BoostIQ from Eufy. The reason behind that is it checks all the boxes. It comes at an affordable price and also offers good suction power. You can use it with the help of mobile applications and Wi-Fi connectivity.
It is also the quietest robot vacuum on our list. The bin capacity of this vac is 0.6L and it offers a battery runtime of 100 minutes. These are all the features that you need to have in your robotic vacuum.